Technological innovations promoting sustainable salmon (Salmo salar) aquaculture in Norway
Heidi Moe FøreForfatter
Jan Tore FagertunForfatter
Hans Vanhauwaert BjellandForfatter
• New knowledge on what technological directions marine aquaculture may take in the future.
• Systematic content analysis of 104 applications for Norwegian development licenses, including 23 awarded applications.
• Units will become larger and stronger, as well as being specially designed to suit a variety of environments.
• Large offshore structures have been particularly successful, receiving relatively many development licenses.
• In sheltered fjord areas, many concepts involving closed enclosures have been suggested and awarded licenses.